Finding your way around a
hospital can be quite difficult because...
* Verbal directions can be hard to hear, understand and remember.
* The names of various departments sometimes use medical terms and words that are
difficult to pronounce and/or understand.
* If you can't read English, written information is of little value.
* Sometimes the path between where you are and where you want to go is complicated.
* Older buildings may consist of several additions creating "unusual"
you are trying to find your way, you really only need to know:
* Do I go up or down?
* Do I go right, left or forward?
This "way finder" tells you with out words: If
you go to the right you will find the children's section of the hospital.